Wanderlust Festival tour comes to Squaw Valley, July 20-23, 2017
Olympic Valley, Calif., 2017-Jun-21 — /Travel PR News/ — Each year, Wanderlust, producer of the largest yoga and lifestyle events in the world, comes to Squaw Valley to create a retreat experience that lets wellness enthusiasts, mindful adventurers, families, and foodies come together for a weekend of transformative yoga, outdoor activities, organic dining, local wines, live music and inspiring lectures in a breathtaking mountaintop setting. Taking place July 20-23, 2017, attendees can choose from an extraordinary array of activities including yoga, meditation, explorative hikes, running treks, food demos, music workshops—and more— to create an unforgettable weekend escape.
What’s New and Not To Be Missed at Wanderlust Squaw Valley 2017?
- Classes with Powerhouse Yoga Talent: Seane Corn, Kathryn Budig, Rod Stryker and Gurmukh, world-renowned yoga instructors, return to share their distinctive yoga styles. Rina Jakubowicz and Jasmine Tarkeshi come to Wanderlust Squaw Valley for the very first time.
- Bodywork Classes: Our “Sanctuary” venue will host a variety of bodywork classes throughout the weekend: learn how to release muscles with self massage, massage with props, such as rollers and balls, and techniques for relieving pain, facilitating proper posture, and improving sleep.
- Find Your True Fork: Presented by Tropicana Probiotics, Find Your True Fork is Wanderlust’s brand new interactive culinary stage where participants will experience hands-on how to make fresh and healthy dishes from top chefs and wellness experts. Kevin Callaghan will reveal how to think like a kitchen pro, Seamus Mullen will tell you how to balance the microbiome with delicious food, Jason Wrobel will give his top food hacks for busy people, and much more.
- Craft Classes in the True North Café: Join Kelly Horrigan, a leather artisan, fashion designer and educator and create a unique wall hanging using crystals, semi-precious stones, feathers, wood, bone and other objects found in nature; Astrologer Sandy Rueve will give a short lecture to bring the stars down to Earth and teach attendees to hand roll their own millefiori clay beads.
- The Gathering: Wanderlust’s opening ceremony taking place on Thursday night to welcome the weekend ahead: Enjoy intention-setting, art, meditation and a very special performance by National Poetry Slam Champion and multi-platinum winning songwriter IN-Q.
- Musical Performances: Get down with live performances featuring Lettuce’s sonic freedom, the R&B electric soul of Little Dragon, the soul-dipped bluegrass funk of Dustbowl Revival and many more.
- Speakeasy Talks: Get inspired by our lecture program featuring today’s thought leaders: Katie Wilcox will tell you how cultivate a positive body image—even in a digital world; musician and activist Madame Gandhi discusses what “the future is female” really means; business expert Michael Ellsberg will change the ways you think about money, wealth, and spending by investing in yourself—and more.
- Salt + Smoke BBQ: Traveling from North Carolina, the Salt & Smoke Roadshow is coming to Wanderlust with an evening celebrating the best the South has to offer. Dance to live music, eat local, whole-hog BBQ with all the fixings, pocket an ever-so-fashionable Salt & Smoke pint glass, and relish that first, perfect beer.
- Meditation Classes: Unplug and get centered with meditation classes from renowned teachers such as Davidji, Tracee Stanley, Jennifer Partridge, and more.
- Warriors in Pink Charity Classes: In partnership with Ford Warriors in Pink, we are offering two gentle healing yoga classes; one designed for breast cancer patients, survivors and their caregivers (this practice is ideal for anyone going through, or having gone through treatment) and the other connects attendees to the healing power of nature. $10 from each registration will go toward Young Survival Coalition, an organization that aims to support women under 40 who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Daily Ashtanga Classes: Peg Mulqueen leads attendees through the fundamentals of this particular Mysore yoga tradition. Beginner as well as more advanced classes are offered.
- Wanderlust Listening Room: Our brand new, one-of-a-kind aural experience of music: Sink into the comfort and peace of low lighting, pillows, and cushions and drift into an intimate and personal experience of specially-curated music with a live musician in state of the art surround sound speakers.
The Wanderlust Festival tour will continue beyond Squaw Valley with stops in Whistler, British Columbia (Canada), August 3-6 and Tremblant, Quebec (Canada), August 24-27.
For more information, the full lineup and tickets please visit: https://wanderlust.com/festivals/squaw-valley/
Festival attendees will be nourished by a number of Wanderlust partners, including:
- adidas, who will host a one-of-a kind, immersive onsite activation to engage in attendee-led experiences, enabling them to embed more sport into their day and create their best selves at all US-based events. Apparel from the adidas x Wanderlust co-branded collection will be sold at each event.
- Ford Motor Company aims to deliver great products, a strong business and a better world. From our factories to our dealerships and into the communities in which we serve, our purpose is to Go Further so all people can move freely about the world. Ford, the Official Vehicle of Wanderlust, will present a series of curated workshops and lectures hosted by Wanderlust thought leaders. Festival attendees will also have the opportunity to take a drive around festival grounds or catch a ride to their next Wanderlust destination in a Ford vehicle.
- Tropicana Probiotics will inspire attendees to believe in their guts by participating in gut health-focused yoga flows and sampling all-new probiotic products at the Kula Marketplace. Yoga classes, workshop content and lectures will take attendees on a wellness journey that starts from the center of our bodies—the gut—and empowers them to lead their best lives.
- TY KU Sake, authentically brewed in Nara, Japan—the birthplace of sake—is 100% all natural and completely free of gluten, sulfites and tannins. It’s the perfect way to unwind without undoing the day’s practice. Come by for a special Sake 101 and sample four types of award winning sake.
Wanderlust Holdings, LLC is a global yoga lifestyle company founded in 2009. Our mission is to help you find your true north—to live a healthy and inspired life. Wanderlust’s events encompass Wanderlust Festival, the largest multi-day yoga and music festivals in the world and Wanderlust 108, a one-day “mindful triathlon” taking place in urban parks across the world. In 2012, we opened the first Wanderlust Yoga studio, a re-imagination of the yoga studio experience and began offering Wanderlust Teacher Training, a yoga teacher-training program inspired by the Wanderlust festival experience. In 2015, we launched Wanderlust TV, a media platform connecting viewers with inspirational teachers and wellness experts and Wanderlust Hollywood, a 10,000 square foot center in Los Angeles, CA offering yoga and meditation classes, a world-class organic restaurant, and a full-featured performance venue.
About Squaw Valley | Alpine Meadows
Voted ‘Best Ski Resort’ in North America for the second year in a row by USA Today and 10 Best Readers’ Choice 2017, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is an internationally renowned mountain resort in North Lake Tahoe that spans over 6,000 skiable acres. The resort features slopeside lodging at The Village at Squaw Valley®, which bustles year round with nonstop events and over 50 bars, restaurants and boutiques. With an annual average of 450 inches of snowfall and 300 sunny days, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows is known as the spring skiing capital as it provides one of the longest ski and snowboard seasons in Lake Tahoe. Skiers and riders of all ability levels are welcomed by over 65 percent beginner and intermediate terrain, 14 easy-to-navigate mountain zones and a custom app to make the most of every visit. Visit squawalpine.com or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more.